The World Around Me

This is my world as I live it, while dealing with a horrible disease called Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue Syndrome. I plan on posting information from other related sites, along with links that I find to be very helpful to me. Bare with me though, one major symptom is forgetfulness and brain fog. So you may notice that a post here and there seem to have been put together from small pieces that I start and finish later.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Veteran's Cost of Living Increase Passed

The U.S. Senate and the House passed one of the largest increases in the Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for veterans in recent memory. The bill (S. 1234) now goes to the President for signature. Those veterans who are 100 percent disabled, their compensation will increase by approximately $1,100 for 2006, up from $27,588 to $28,716. The increase is based on the rise in the Consumer Price Index. Veterans will see the increase in their January 1, 2006, paychecks. According to VA officials, nearly 2.6 million veterans with service-connected disabilities will benefit. Surviving spouses of veterans whose deaths were service-connected and their children will benefit from the increase, as will surviving spouses who are so disabled that they need aid or are permanently housebound. The funding increase will also benefit surviving children who are between 18 and 22 and are seeking higher education in an approved educational program. How do you feel about this action? Let your public officials know how you feel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home